This recipe has been requested by Aiden.
We made these for the Macmillan coffee morning and they are very tasty!
100g / 4oz butter or maragrine
75g / 3oz golden syrup
75g / 3oz granulated sugar
200g / 8oz porridge oats
1. Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a large saucepan and gently heat until everything has melted. (Or you can do this in a large plastic bowl and melt it in the microwave).
2. Stir in the porridge oats and mix really well.
3. Spread into a greased and tin and press down well with the back of a spoon.
4. Bake in the oven (180 degrees) for about 20 minutes.
5. Let the flapjacks cool in the tin for 5 minutes then cut into squares.
6. Remove from the tin when they have cooled completely.